Office of the Fire Marshal
Nicholas Anderson, Fire Chief
The Office of the Fire Marshal is responsible for the operation of the Fire Prevention Office of the Cumberland Fire Department including but not limited to:
- Fire code inspections
- Fire code plan reviews
- Smoke and carbon monoxide detector inspections for the reselling of homes
- Public life safety education
To schedule a residential smoke and carbon monoxide inspection, contact Keri Smith, Administrative Assistant during normal business hours. Inspections are conducted on Tuesdays and Thursdays. There is a State mandated fee of $30.00 for single family inspections. Checks can be made out to the Cumberland Fire District. Beginning September 1, 2018, residences that fail an inspection due to improper installation, location, wiring, or the seller’s failure to be at the scheduled appointment will be charged an additional $30.00 for each revisit. Please visit Facts and Responsibilities for additional information.
Keri Smith, Administrative Assistant
3502 Mendon Rd
Mon-Fri 8:00 am to 3:00pm
INSPECTION AND PLAN REVIEW FEES
Every request for a complete plan review or a fire detection system / carbon monoxide system review by the Cumberland Fire Department, under the provisions of the RI Fire Laws & Rules shall be accompanied by the appropriate fee:
Applications for new residential construction of smoke/ carbon monoxide detection in new and existing private dwellings (includes plan review, rough and final inspections).
- One family=$75
- Two Family=$150
- Three Family=$225
New buildings, additions, alterations, structures, etc. not covered by the above mentioned are subject to the following fee figures based upon cost of construction:
- $500 or less a fee of $25.
- Over $500 but not over $1,000 a fee of $35.
- Over $1,000 but not over $2,000 a fee of $45.
- Over $2000 but not over $500,000 a fee of $45+ (plus $6.00 per $1,000 or fraction thereof over $2,000).
- Over $500,000 a fee of $3,033+ ( plus $4.00 per $1,000 or fraction thereof over $500,000).