To schedule a smoke detector or plan review inspection, contact Keri Smith, Administrative Assistant during normal business hours. At this time, fire inspections for all properties located within the Town of Cumberland are scheduled through this office.
Keri Smith, Administrative Assistant: (401) 658-0544
Office of the Fire Marshal
The Office of the Fire Marshal is responsible for the operation of the Fire Prevention Office of the Cumberland Fire Department including but not limited to:
- Fire code inspections
- Fire code plan reviews
- Smoke and carbon monoxide detector inspections for the reselling of homes
- Public life safety education
- Other fire administrative duties as required by the Chief of the Department.
INSPECTION AND PLAN REVIEW FEES
Every request for a complete plan review or a fire detection system / carbon monoxide system review by the Cumberland Fire Department, under the provisions of the RI Fire Laws & Rules shall be accompanied by the appropriate fee:
All residential smoke/ carbon monoxide system resale inspection, fee of $30. Applications for new residential construction of smoke/ carbon monoxide detection in new and existing private dwellings (includes plan review, rough and final inspections).
- One family=$75
- Two Family=$150
- Three Family=$225
New buildings, additions, alterations, structures, etc. not covered by the above mentioned are subject to the following fee figures based upon cost of construction:
- $500 or less a fee of $25.
- Over $500 but not over $1,000 a fee of $35.
- Over $1,000 but not over $2,000 a fee of $45.
- Over $2000 but not over $500,000 a fee of $45+. (plus $6.00 per $1,000 or fraction thereof over $2,000)
- Over $500,000 a fee of $3,033+. ( plus $4.00 per $1,000 or fraction thereof over $500,000)