All information regarding open meetings, including meeting minutes, can be found on the Secretary of State Website pursuant to Rhode Island General Laws § 42-46. Meeting packages can be downloaded using the links provided on the right side of this page.Go To SOS Website
Agenda item: Budget meeting scheduled 6/3/2021 at 7pm is postponed to Fri June 4, 2021 @ 2pm Zoom link and agenda enclosed
PROCEDURE FOR OBTAINING ACCESS TO PUBLIC RECORDS
Download: Public Records Request Form (APRA)
Pursuant to Rhode Island General Laws 38-2-3(d), the Cumberland Fire District hereby adopts the following procedure for requesting/obtaining access to public records:
1. A request to inspect and/or copy public records of the Cumberland Fire District must be presented in writing to Mr. Richard Sinapi, General Counsel for CFD, 3502 Mendon Rd. Cumberland, RI 02864 during normal business hours (9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Monday through Friday). The Cumberland Fire District does not ensure a timely response to those requests for records to other District departments or officials.
2. Although not required, in order to ensure compliance with the Access to Public Records Act and that you are provided with the public record you seek in an expeditious manner, the District asks that you complete the Public Request Form. This form is not required if you are seeking records available pursuant to the Administrative Procedures Act or other documents prepared for or readily available to the public.
3. The Access to Public Records Act allows a public body ten (10) business days to respond, unless otherwise extended for good cause in accordance with the provisions of subsection 38-2-3(e).
4. If, after review of your request, the District determines that the requested records are exempt from disclosure for a reason set forth in Rhode Island General Laws 38-2-2(4)(A) through (AA), the District will provide you with the specific reasons for the denial of your request in writing. In accordance with Rhode Island General Laws 38-2-8, you may wish to appeal the District’s decision to the chairperson of the District’s Fire Committee. You may wish to file a complaint with the Department of Attorney General or the Rhode Island Superior Court.
5. In accordance with Rhode Island General Laws 38-2-4, the District may charge a fee of fifteen cents ($.15) per page for copies and/or fifteen dollars ($15.00) per hour, after the first hour, for search and/or retrieval of documents.
6. The Cumberland Fire District is not obligated to produce for inspection or copying records that are not necessary in the possession of the Cumberland Fire District. Moreover, the Cumberland Fire District is not required to reorganize, consolidate, or compile data that is not maintained by the Cumberland Fire District in the form requested. The Cumberland Fire District is committed to providing access to public records in an expeditious and courteous manner consistent with the Access to Public Records Act.