Application period is now closed as of 7NOV 2016.
1. Read the entire application and packet completely.
2. Answer all the questions contained within the application form.
3. Do not submit an uncompleted application. Applications are to be hand delivered or sent via certified mail.
4. Type or print application neatly using blue or black ink only.
5. You must submit a photocopy of the following documents with your completed application.
a. Birth certificate or US Passport or Naturalization Papers.
b. Active and valid Motor Vehicle Operator’s License.
c. Active and valid National EMT-Basic or higher-level License.
d. Rhode Island Firefighter Physical Performance Assessment Testing Certificate issued by the Rhode Island Association of Fire Chiefs. A registration receipt for October 2016 testing will be accepted. Any current member of a department that took a PPA for that job may apply contingent on passing the April RI Fire Chiefs PPA test.
e. Must furnish a certified copy of your driver’s record (obtained within 90 days prior to application) from the Motor Vehicle Registry of the State in which you reside.
f. High school diploma or GED certificate.
g. College transcript showing (30) thirty or more college credits,
Copy of DD-214 showing (2) two years of military service (DD-214 required of all prior military requesting veteran points),
Verification letter from Agency Head showing (2) two years of consecutive public safety experience.
h. Current American Heart Association Healthcare Provider ce rtifica tio n .
i. Copies of all fire service credentials and certificates.
6. All documentation must be returned in person.
7. Minimum age 18, maximum age 39 (must not have reached age 40 prior to conditional offer of employment).
8. A non-refundable processing fee of $25 is due at time of application submission via bank check or money order only. Checks made payable to the “CUMBERLAND FIRE DISTRICT”
9. If you fail to produce these items at the time you submit your application, we will not be able to process your application. No exceptions.
10. Application period begins on October 12, 2016 at 12pm and ends on November 7, 2016 at 12 pm.